clicked
Mitchell Smith Jordan Flynn in the works for Sept. 27 at York Hall
Ring Magazine
NEWS
Declan Taylor
Declan Taylor
RingMagazine.com
Mitchell Smith-Jordan Flynn in the works for Sept. 27 at York Hall
LONDON, England - A lightweight showdown between Mitchell Smith and Jordan Flynn is in the works for September 27 at York Hall.

Smith, 32, had been scheduled to fight Bournemouth’s Mace Ruegg (12-1) on the same date but the Bournemouth man is said to have pulled out citing a bicep injury.

That left Smith, of Harrow, London, on the hunt for a new opponent with four weeks left until fight night. He has boxed once so far this year, beating Cristian Narvaez (17-84-7) on points over six rounds but he has been desperate for a meaningful 50:50 fight.

Now Smith has revealed to The Ring that Flynn (11-1-1, 1 KO) has been handed the chance to face him. The Oxford man is currently slated to box the night before at the same venue under the same promotional banner but has been offered the opportunity to box Smith instead.

Flynn, as reported by The Ring, has recently linked up with trainer Buddy McGirt after he suffered the first defeat of his career in his March grudge match with Cameron Vuong, who won via seventh-round TKO.

Now the 29-year-old, who does not yet have an opponent for September 26, must decide if he wants to face Smith 24 hours later instead.

It would be a real statement of intent from Flynn given Smith’s credentials. The ‘Baby Faced Assassin’ was once considered one of the hottest prospects in British boxing. He was named the Best Young Boxer of the Year by the Boxing Writers’ Club in 2015 but has endured a turbulent last decade.




He lost to George Jupp in December of that year and has only boxed five times since then. That period has included three prison terms while the former junior-lightweight also ballooned up to over 240lbs at one point.

Now Smith is hoping Flynn accepts his challenge so he can prove his credentials at the top level once again.

“I found out a few hours ago that Ruegg pulled out on me,” Smith told The Ring on Thursday. “Since then Flynn has been mentioned to me so let’s see if he takes the fight.

“I’m here to fight anyone and I would fight anyone in the world right now. I want to test myself and be in fights that people are going to want to watch.

“My style is pleasing to the eye so hopefully Jordan takes the fight and we can put on a great fight for the fans and the best man will win.

“If he doesn’t take it, maybe he wants to build himself up with a couple of wins which is understandable but if he is a real fighting man he will accept the challenge and come and have it with me.

“And if he says no, I will say to any real fighting men out there, you don’t even have to ring my manager, just DM me on Instagram and we will get the fight sorted.”


0/500
logo

Step into the ring of exclusivity!

Experience the thrill of boxing with our inside scoop on matches around the world.
logo
Download Our App
logologo
Strategic Partner
sponsor
Heavyweight Partners
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
Middleweight Partners
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
Lightweight Partners
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
Partners
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
Promoters
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
sponsor
Social media Channels
logo
logo
logo
logo
logo
logo
logo
© RingMagazine.com, LLC. 2025 All Rights Reserved.