The Badou Jack vs. Noel Mikaelian WBC cruiserweight title rematch will take place December 13 in Los Angeles, sources told The Ring.
The WBC mandated a rematch after Jack narrowly outpointed Mikaelian by scores of 114-114, 115-113 and 115-113 on May 3 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Now, Armenian-born Mikaelian will enjoy an advantage fighting in L.A., an area that is home to more than 200,000 Armenians.
“The world knows I won the first fight. That’s why I’m getting the rematch,” Mikaelian, 35, told
The Ring in June. “On just three weeks’ notice, across three countries and time zones, and with less than a day’s notice that the fight would be moved from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m., he still couldn’t beat me.
“I’m still the champ, and with a full camp and the proper preparation, I’m going to prove it without question.”
Jack, meanwhile, will attempt to make another successful title defense at 41 years old. Jack (29-3-3, 17 KOs) won the title in February 2023 with a 12th-round TKO of Junior Makabu and didn’t fight again until May.
Jack, a native of Sweden, is a former 168-pound champion.
Mikaelian (27-3, 12 KOs) accepted the first fight with Jack on short notice
after Ryan Rozicki was injured. Mikaelian was named champion in recess by the WBC last year after multiple cancellations for a defense vs. Rozicki due to injury and promotional issues.
Mike Coppinger is The Ring’s senior insider. He co-hosts “Inside the Ring” every Monday with Max Kellerman. Follow him on X/Instagram: @MikeCoppinger.